LondonStudent.co.uk
kelly
2005-08-23 15:27:21 UTC
I am a student and am writing an article on student websites.

So far I have found the following:

http://www.londonstudent.co.uk - London Student Forums, sell your
stuff, find accommodation and there's
individual university forums

student max.com - but it covers too many unis

afsuk.co.uk - student accommodation

ulu's website and the NUS site too but they are very general too

prospects.ac.uk is pretty useful too

hobsons.co.uk is great for jobs

has anyone had any experience of these sites and do you know any more?
loftx
2005-08-23 15:40:44 UTC
What level of student are you talking about - university, A-level,
GCSE, or any type of student.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk is probably the biggest student
community. But you can find a whole list of student sites in the
Studential.com directory:
http://www.studential.com/directory/default.asp
T.
2005-08-23 19:22:00 UTC
Post by kelly
I am a student and am writing an article on student websites.
has anyone had any experience of these sites and do you know any more?
My opinion is that most of them (if not all) are just the same old thing
with nothing really new.

The best sites are the student online message board/forum ones as you
get to speak directly with people about stuff. IOW, the real world not
just uni blurb..
Harj
2005-09-16 17:47:35 UTC
Hi. www.boso.co.uk is also a pretty awesome site, it was intially set
up as a marketplace for Oxford students to buy and sell things from
each other but they have now expanded it to all universities. The best
thing about is the fact it's completely free, run by a group of
students who don't take listing fees/commission. worth a look.