please help me..
FARIDA
2008-01-07 18:56:36 UTC
Hi. My name is Farida,I am 16 and I am from Baku, Azerbaijan.
I am to graduate from my school this year and I want to continue my
education in England.I know almost everything about educational system
of the UK, and I also know that the best variants for being available
to entry to a university for undergraduate degree is to complete
either a foundation programm(Access course) or A-level course. So I
face a dilemma - which of the these courses is more appropriate for
me(for international students)? To my mind A-level course is more
advantageous than Foundation course. How do you think? And please
explain why do you think so? Is A-level requires more knowledges and
efforts than Foundation? Which course is more difficult to study?
These are the questions that I haven't found the answers yet.
Thank you very much in advance.
Looking forward to your reply.
Matthew Huntbach
2008-02-07 21:44:40 UTC
Post by FARIDA
Hi. My name is Farida,I am 16 and I am from Baku, Azerbaijan.
I am to graduate from my school this year and I want to continue my
education in England.I know almost everything about educational system
of the UK, and I also know that the best variants for being available
to entry to a university for undergraduate degree is to complete
either a foundation programm(Access course) or A-level course. So I
face a dilemma - which of the these courses is more appropriate for
me(for international students)? To my mind A-level course is more
advantageous than Foundation course. How do you think? And please
explain why do you think so? Is A-level requires more knowledges and
efforts than Foundation? Which course is more difficult to study?
These are the questions that I haven't found the answers yet.
A-levels are the standard UK qualification for entrance to university.
You shouldl take them unless there's a very good reason why you can't.

Access/foundation courses are designed as "short cut" university entry
for older people. They vary a lot in quality, some are properly
approved, others are just put together by private institutions who are
trying to make money from those who don't know any better by offering
poor quality education which won't get you a place at any decent
university.

Many of the better or more prestigious universities wouldn't offer
places to those who have only access/foundation qualifications -
particularly someone of your age. The question asked would be "why
didn't you do A-levels?".

Matthew Huntbach