University, computers and, erm, Timmys Mallet...
Michael
2005-02-04 22:03:58 UTC
Wayheyyy...I remember posting here yonks ago! Now that I'm about to
leave Uni, every penny would be good, so I'm selling my fast, nearly
new, Acer Laptop:

P4 3.4Ghz, 1Gb RAM, 80Gb Hdd, 15.4" Widescreen, ATi Radeon 9700 64Mb,
Firewire, TV out..etc etc etc. It Includes a a 3-YEAR Warrently Inc.
Accidental Damange Cover!!!

It's currently on eBay (item: 6741410310) where all details, photos
and reasons for sale can be found. I'd end it early if someone made a
serious offer. It can be viewed at Bristol or Northampton.

I also have Timmy Mallets mallet. Not the actual real one, but a
replica about a foot long. SIGNED by the man himself and the message
'To Bristol Uni. Tops!' Any offers? It's a long shot, but maybe theres
a prospective Bristol student here who is a diehard Timmy fan?

Good luck with any exams you've got going. I don't envy you and the
new AS system! ;-)

Regards,
Mike
Samsonknight
2005-02-05 11:22:53 UTC
Post by Michael
[...]
Sounds good, I'll buy it for £100 - which is a very reasonable , generous
offer!
Michael
2005-02-05 14:57:27 UTC
Post by Samsonknight
Sounds good, I'll buy it for £100 - which is a very reasonable , generous
offer!
The mallet or the laptop? :-P

Mike
Samsonknight
The laptop of course!
Samsonknight
The laptop of course! :)
m***@gmail.com
2005-02-07 21:51:58 UTC
The Pentium 4 there makes a terrible laptop CPU. The 3.4Ghz prescott
variant (which I assume this is) would be hell, dissipating over
100watts on normal loads and creating a LOUD and HOT laptop. It would
get hot enough to cook eggs. Literally. Lots of eggs even. 100
watts! Just think about it! I find even 5watt centrino laptops warm
up laps.

Anyway, best of luck with the sale.

Gaurav Sharma.
Michael
2005-02-08 21:14:00 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
dissipating over
100watts on normal loads and creating a LOUD and HOT laptop. It would
'tis true, hot it is, but only when pushed (games/movies/burining
stuff). On web/office stuff it just flicks its fans on once in a while
and never builds up too much heat. It's not particularly loud either -
certainly not next to the roar of my desktop! ;-)

Whilst I sure as hell wouldn't want to carry and use it whilst
travelling, it's perfect as a mobile desktop. The kind of thing ideal
for uni. I love my desktop but just wish it wasnt such a beast to lug
home for holidays. And I've never felt the urge to get a laptop to use
-in- uni. That would put me in league with the nerds with thick
glasses and center partings on the front row! ;-)

On a random note, i'm sure eBay has more scammers than normal users. I
could have sold it ten times over to all the weird nigerian princes
and their 'special' escrow sites. Grrr.

Mike