O-Level / A-Level exam papers
SB
2005-05-01 10:09:08 UTC
Does anyone know where I can find past copies of UK O & A level exam papers
on the web.

Cheers
Steve
Stuart Williams
2005-05-01 12:35:34 UTC
Post by SB
Does anyone know where I can find past copies of UK O & A level exam papers
on the web.
Do you want the O level that is still available to overseas students? I
think they are run by ucles (www.ucles.org.uk). If you want pre-86 UK O
level papers, you need to contact schools where nothing is ever thrown
away......

A level papers might be easier to find, though they are copyright, so
don't count on it. All the exam boards publish specimen papers, of
ocurse, but you tend to have to buy copies of the real thing directly
from them. If you had a specific subject/syllabus in mind, I might know
better whether I can help.

Stuart Williams
SB
2005-05-01 13:27:12 UTC
Thanks...Maths is the subject I am initially interested in, either for
overseas or English as I travel back and forth. I just thought that if I had
examples of previous (but current spec) I could study myself and know what
to expect when it turns up.

Steve
Stuart Williams
Stuart Williams
2005-05-01 16:09:36 UTC
Post by SB
Thanks...Maths is the subject I am initially interested in, either for
overseas or English as I travel back and forth. I just thought that if I had
examples of previous (but current spec) I could study myself and know what
to expect when it turns up.
Steve
I think that A level specifications are the same no matter where you sit
your exams. One way to revise for Maths would be to buy the associated
textbooks - Edexcel, for instance, has books published by Nelson Thornes.

Samson (who has used them successfully) seems to recommend this outfit:

www.solomon-press.com/mathsA.htm

and ISTR aa firm called Delphis in the same line of business.

O level would be harder to find - I think there are firms in eg Singapore
who do special compilations of past papers. Otherwise, contact UCLES.

SW
Ian/Cath Ford
2005-05-01 18:14:31 UTC
On Sun, 1 May 2005 13:35:34 +0100, Stuart Williams
Post by Stuart Williams
Post by SB
Does anyone know where I can find past copies of UK O & A level exam papers
on the web.
Do you want the O level that is still available to overseas students? I
think they are run by ucles (www.ucles.org.uk). If you want pre-86 UK O
level papers, you need to contact schools where nothing is ever thrown
away......
That'll be me then :-)

I have a few O Level papers from the very early 80s - 81 I thin is the
earliest I go back to. I also have most London 16-19 A Level Geo
papers from 87 onward (along with a lot of the original syllabus intro
stuff that came out when it first got launched).

A lot of it's inheritated - I did my A Level in 87...

Ian
--
Ian, Cath, Eoin and Calum Ford
Beccles, Suffolk, UK

I loved the word you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

There's no e-mail address. We can talk here and go back to your place later
H Bergeron
2005-05-01 18:15:03 UTC
Post by SB
Does anyone know where I can find past copies of UK O & A level exam papers
on the web.
Cheers
Steve
You mentioned elsewhere that you are mainly interested in maths
papers.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/mathematics_assess.html

has pdfs of AQA's practice papers for the new A level specs. There has
so far only been one set of "real" exams for the new specs (and not in
all modules), but AQA have not yet made them available.

If papers for the old specs are of interest to you, see for example

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/mat_assess.html

which has the Specification A papers from June 2001 to June 2004

Papers for other subjects, including GCSEs, are available from the
same site: click on "Qualifications", then use the menus to select
what you want and then click "Assessment Material" at the top of the
screen.

I don't know if the other boards provide similar links on their
websites (though the subject officer for Edexcel has been very helpful
about handing out past papers on floppy discs at meetings).
siu00as
2005-05-03 07:52:14 UTC
There are links to some more maths past papers on the website
www.examsolutions.co.uk.

They give also provide the answers to the papers so you can check if
your right!
Jon Q
2005-05-03 14:42:04 UTC
Try http://www.mathsexams.ukteachers.com/index2.html