Biology Revision Notes
Simon Bluhm
2004-12-03 19:53:03 UTC
Hi everyone,

Exams will start soon and I thought I will suggest a good site for
Human Biology revision notes.

http://biology.bluhm-it.com

The revision notes are aimed at A-Level Human Biology students who are
currently studying the AQA Biology/Biology (Human) specifications A.
If you are studying a different board, you may want to download the
AQA syllabus found on the website. This will help you to give an
overview of the site, as the notes are written for every section in
the AQA syllabus. It also allows you to compare both courses and you
may find some background knowledge on that site, which will help you
to understand all the complex processes of human biology.

I hope this will make your revision a bit easier,

Simon
Alun Harford
2004-12-05 05:00:45 UTC
Post by Simon Bluhm
Hi everyone,
Exams will start soon and I thought I will suggest a good site for
Human Biology revision notes.
http://biology.bluhm-it.com
This wouldn't be an advert for a commercial site posted by the owner of that
site would it?
Oh yes, I can see that it is.

Plonk.
ISP notified.

Alun Harford
Ian B.
He he, the jokes on him, no-one here does A-levels!
Simon Bluhm
2004-12-06 02:21:07 UTC
???
Samsonknight
You are wrong "Dubya", I am an alevel Student in my gap year :)
Ian B.
2004-12-06 17:37:48 UTC
Post by Samsonknight
Post by Ian B.
Post by Alun Harford
Post by Simon Bluhm
Hi everyone,
Exams will start soon and I thought I will suggest a good site for
Human Biology revision notes.
http://biology.bluhm-it.com
This wouldn't be an advert for a commercial site posted by the owner of that
site would it?
Oh yes, I can see that it is.
Plonk.
ISP notified.
He he, the jokes on him, no-one here does A-levels!
You are wrong "Dubya", I am an alevel Student in my gap year :)
Can you be on a-level student on a gap year? Surely you're either on a
gap year or an a-level student. Or are you studying whilst backpacking
across Asia? But ok, fine at least one person does A-levels, that's
some going.

And I'm not "Dubya", that'd be like me calling you by your dad's mum's
great aunt's cousin's (twice removed) nephew (but then for all I know
they might be called Samie too).
Samsonknight
2004-12-07 13:42:18 UTC
Post by Ian B.
Post by Samsonknight
Post by Ian B.
Post by Alun Harford
Post by Simon Bluhm
Hi everyone,
Exams will start soon and I thought I will suggest a good site for
Human Biology revision notes.
http://biology.bluhm-it.com
This wouldn't be an advert for a commercial site posted by the owner of that
site would it?
Oh yes, I can see that it is.
Plonk.
ISP notified.
He he, the jokes on him, no-one here does A-levels!
You are wrong "Dubya", I am an alevel Student in my gap year :)
Can you be on a-level student on a gap year? Surely you're either on a
gap year or an a-level student. Or are you studying whilst backpacking
across Asia? But ok, fine at least one person does A-levels, that's some
going.
Well the alevel is additional , something to keep me occupied this year. I
finished my a-levels last year....
Post by Ian B.
And I'm not "Dubya", that'd be like me calling you by your dad's mum's
great aunt's cousin's (twice removed) nephew (but then for all I know they
might be called Samie too).
I know, of course I don't really think you "Dubya", that would be silly of
me! As for Samie, who???
Simon Bluhm
2004-12-05 21:19:24 UTC
Lol, my site is not commercial. I am a medical student and decided to
make a revision site for students who have trouble finding information
on the internet (like me when I have done my A-Levels). Unfortunately,
there are not as many good sites for some complicated topics, unless
you spent days searching on Google. So I thought it might be a good
idea to mention my site to other biology students, but perhaps it was
not. I find it really sad to get such a comment, as I put a lot of
work into it and as I try to help people. I cannot really see a reason
why I should have not posted my article in the A-Level group, but I am
sure you could give me some feedback?

Simon Bluhm
Alun Harford
Alun Harford
2004-12-05 21:57:16 UTC
Post by Simon Bluhm
Lol, my site is not commercial. I am a medical student and decided to
make a revision site for students who have trouble finding information
on the internet (like me when I have done my A-Levels).
And then you decided to try to make some money out of it with adverts.

Alun Harford

(Forgot to plonk)
Simon Bluhm
2004-12-06 02:51:18 UTC
Post by Alun Harford
And then you decided to try to make some money out of it with adverts.
Alun Harford
(Forgot to plonk)
Yes, to pay for my webserver.

Still don't know what is wrong with posting my site here, just because
I ve got ads on my site?? I am not forcing anyone to click on itÂ…

Simon
Alun Harford
2004-12-06 04:44:56 UTC
Post by Simon Bluhm
Yes, to pay for my webserver.
ie commercial.
Post by Simon Bluhm
Still don't know what is wrong with posting my site here, just because
I ve got ads on my site?? I am not forcing anyone to click on it.
Because it's spam, it violates the charter and it violates the terms and
conditions of your ISP.

Alun Harford
Ian B.
2004-12-06 17:41:06 UTC
Post by Alun Harford
Post by Simon Bluhm
Yes, to pay for my webserver.
ie commercial.
Post by Simon Bluhm
Still don't know what is wrong with posting my site here, just because
I ve got ads on my site?? I am not forcing anyone to click on it.
Because it's spam, it violates the charter and it violates the terms and
conditions of your ISP.
What he means (in the nicest possible way of course) is if you wish to
advertise a site of your own here (whether or not your making big bucks
from it), you can do so long as its relevant to AUA topics, and add
'ADV:' (advertisement) or similar in the header. Then I'm sure there'd
be no problem.
Arkan Hamid
2004-12-06 21:55:21 UTC
i don't see any harm in him trying to advertise his hard work for students
studying biology...
Post by Ian B.
Post by Alun Harford
Post by Simon Bluhm
Yes, to pay for my webserver.
ie commercial.
problem.
Toby
2004-12-11 18:25:54 UTC
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 04:44:56 -0000, "Alun Harford"
Post by Alun Harford
Post by Simon Bluhm
Yes, to pay for my webserver.
ie commercial.
Post by Simon Bluhm
Still don't know what is wrong with posting my site here, just because
I ve got ads on my site?? I am not forcing anyone to click on it.
Because it's spam, it violates the charter and it violates the terms and
conditions of your ISP.
Alun Harford
Having looked at his site and the quality of the notes, I reckon
that's a bit harsh, Alun!