Salter Horners Physics
Lazy Jack
2005-03-11 08:36:16 UTC
I am currently making my final A level choices for sixth form. My
school only offers the Edexel 'Salters Horners' course for physics.
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience as to how the top
universities regard this qualification as opposed to the traditional A
level physics exam.

Is this regarded as a 'physics lite'?

Thanks in advance

Jack
Matthew Huntbach
2005-03-11 09:08:46 UTC
Post by Lazy Jack
I am currently making my final A level choices for sixth form. My
school only offers the Edexel 'Salters Horners' course for physics.
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience as to how the top
universities regard this qualification as opposed to the traditional A
level physics exam.
Is this regarded as a 'physics lite'?
Physics as an academic subject is suffering due to the lack of people
doing Physics A-level and the lack of people wanting to do Physics
degrees. To be honest, I think you'll find no-one, not even "top
universities" so inundated with applicants with Physics A-level that
they can afford to be finicky about such things as the A-level board.

Matthew Huntbach
T.
2005-03-13 22:47:12 UTC
Post by Lazy Jack
I am currently making my final A level choices for sixth form. My
school only offers the Edexel 'Salters Horners' course for physics.
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience as to how the top
universities regard this qualification as opposed to the traditional A
level physics exam.
Is this regarded as a 'physics lite'?
Not at all.

It's a brilliant course though (IMHO).