Who should be the next conservative leader?
Samsonknight
2005-05-09 05:57:50 UTC
I say Ken Clarke. Don't ask me why...
JHP
2005-05-09 17:37:33 UTC
flexigoat.

Easy.
Post by Samsonknight
I say Ken Clarke. Don't ask me why...
Ian/Cath Ford
2005-05-09 21:03:21 UTC
On Mon, 9 May 2005 05:57:50 +0000 (UTC), "Samsonknight"
Post by Samsonknight
I say Ken Clarke. Don't ask me why...
Two leadership elections too late (at least). Overall, probably a
shame.

Perhaps they can get Blair?

Ian
--
Ian, Cath, Eoin and Calum Ford
Beccles, Suffolk, UK

I loved the word you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

There's no e-mail address. We can talk here and go back to your place later
John Porcella
2005-05-09 21:14:34 UTC
Post by Samsonknight
I say Ken Clarke. Don't ask me why...
Unless Europe becomes a non-issue (such as by France rejecting the new
constitution), then he has no chance as he is not trusted by Party members
because of his Europhile views.

However, I can see him having fun abusing Blair at PMQs!
--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella
Becky
2005-05-14 11:12:01 UTC
Someone really horribly unelectable, although they seem to have gone
through many of those already. David Davies isn't going to win many
more supporters, so he'll do for now.

Not that it makes all that much difference, considering the direction
in which Labour is moving, ever more strongly. In a way it makes me
feel better: I eventually decided to vote Green rather than Labour on
May 7th and then found myself (in my home constituency) in the most
marginal seat in the country, which the Tories took from Labour with a
majority of 75 votes. Seeing this latest round of intervention in the
NHS, I now feel my vote was well cast.