Revision Techniques -advice needed-
Samsonknight
2005-01-27 00:15:24 UTC
Ok my situation is simple, I have to learn the following modules by June:

Mechanics 1
Statistics 1
Core Maths 3
Core Maths 4

and I would love to further my understanding in C2 (I have already covered
the module once in the run up to the Jan exam) so that my algebraric
foundations are even more solid.

I have 3/4 months to do them all, how would you recommend that I juggle all
of those modules? I was thinking of splitting my day in two, first half for
applied units and the second half for pure units and hence as a result
spending 8 hours a day doing maths.

Any ideas?

TIA
John Porcella
2005-01-27 00:47:46 UTC
Post by Samsonknight
Mechanics 1
Statistics 1
Core Maths 3
Core Maths 4
and I would love to further my understanding in C2 (I have already covered
the module once in the run up to the Jan exam) so that my algebraric
foundations are even more solid.
I have 3/4 months to do them all, how would you recommend that I juggle all
of those modules? I was thinking of splitting my day in two, first half for
applied units and the second half for pure units and hence as a result
spending 8 hours a day doing maths.
Any ideas?
TIA
Firstly, make sure that you can understand the concepts in the textbook.

Then do as many actual past papers and Solomon questions as you can.
--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella
Samsonknight
2005-01-27 00:55:56 UTC
Post by Samsonknight
applied units and the second half for pure units and hence as a result
spending 8 hours a day doing maths.
Any ideas?
TIA
Firstly, make sure that you can understand the concepts in the textbook.
Then do as many actual past papers and Solomon questions as you can.
Yeah I have found the Soloman papers are very very good. However, would it
be a good option to do them as an alternative to the actual long winded
exercises in the book?
Post by John Porcella
--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella
John Porcella
2005-01-28 00:47:15 UTC
Post by Samsonknight
Post by Samsonknight
applied units and the second half for pure units and hence as a result
spending 8 hours a day doing maths.
Any ideas?
TIA
Firstly, make sure that you can understand the concepts in the textbook.
Then do as many actual past papers and Solomon questions as you can.
Yeah I have found the Soloman papers are very very good. However, would it
be a good option to do them as an alternative to the actual long winded
exercises in the book?
It depends on time. If you do not have much time, then just do a few book
exercises and then do actual past questions. If you have more time, then do
more book questions, some Solomons and plenty of actual questions. If you
have plenty of time, do as many questions as you can. Frankly, maths is so
full of techniques that the more you do of them, the better you will get:
quicker, more accurate, more confident, and remembering formulas will get
easier.
--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella
Iain
2005-02-05 18:04:06 UTC
Post by John Porcella
Post by Samsonknight
Post by Samsonknight
[...]
I tend to start at the end of exercises and do a few from there; these
tend to be the harder questions and therefore ones likely to come up in
the exam. If you find that you can't do a question then keep going
backwards until you can. Then work forward from that point. Worked well
enough for me. Once you have that down, do the consolidation exercises
and as many past papers as you can get your hands on (I did every single
past paper for all modules, overkill? ;))

Iain.