Psychology question (Mann-Whitney tests)
Adele
2004-10-10 12:46:10 UTC
Can anyone explain to me how I can work out the observed, critical and
signifance values in a Mann-Whitney independent test? I have the data
I need, I just don't understand the formula and I don't get what the
values actually mean.

I'm new to psychology and this is all going over my head, so any help
will be much appreciated.
Rachel
2004-10-10 13:38:28 UTC
Post by Adele
Can anyone explain to me how I can work out the observed, critical and
signifance values in a Mann-Whitney independent test? I have the data
I need, I just don't understand the formula and I don't get what the
values actually mean.
I'm new to psychology and this is all going over my head, so any help
will be much appreciated.
Hi Adele, I had the same problem a few weeks ago with my Psychology
coursework.
There's a few websites on the net but as you say, the way they explain
things just goes over your head!

The info you need is in my book at home; if you still need an explanation
then email me (take out the capitals, leave in the hyphen) and I'll go
through it with you step by step, when I get home which will be late tonight
(11pm ish).

Hope that helps
Rachel