Singapore and Sydney
mike
2005-06-21 15:01:16 UTC
Well, Mike is off on a world tour in July, visiting his fans and
hopefully making new ones.

First stop; Singapore. Fastinating history. Much underrated nation.
People say 2 days there is enough, but I've been reading my guide book
and I want to stay there for at least a week.

However I only have two days. So, anyone been? Any advice on places to
go, things to do, stuff to see?

Second stop, Sydney, bit longer here, three and a half days. I've been
told that this isn't nearly enough time, although the guide book
inspires me somewhat less. The list of "essential things to do" has only
18 items, compared with 20 for Singapore, despite the guidebook being
1.5 times as long. So anyone been there? Stuff to do?

That is all, for now.

adam
or mike
Samsonknight
Why is your name mike?
mike
2005-06-21 15:42:38 UTC
Post by Samsonknight
[...]
Why is your name Samsonknight?

mike
or adam
Samsonknight
2005-06-21 22:32:50 UTC
Good Question. I can only speculate but think I was named after the luggage.
Mark Thakkar
2005-06-21 19:19:04 UTC
Samsonknight,
Post by Samsonknight
Post by mike
adam
or mike
Why is your name mike?
Don't tar mike/adam with the same brush - that's a dangerous road.

Mark.
Well, I tried...
mike
2005-06-22 09:44:15 UTC
Post by Mark Thakkar
Samsonknight,
Post by Samsonknight
Post by mike
adam
or mike
Why is your name mike?
Don't tar mike/adam with the same brush - that's a dangerous road.
Heh, I just got it.

ta
mike/adam
jrg
2005-06-22 12:43:03 UTC
Wow, I actually got that.
r***@gmail.com
2005-07-15 13:09:08 UTC
Post by mike
Well, Mike is off on a world tour in July, visiting his fans and
hopefully making new ones.
First stop; Singapore. Fastinating history. Much underrated nation.
People say 2 days there is enough, but I've been reading my guide book
and I want to stay there for at least a week.
However I only have two days. So, anyone been? Any advice on places to
go, things to do, stuff to see?
I'm in Singapore at the moment. Been here for 2 months now, with one
left, and I'm bored of it now (so I'm off to Kuala Lumpur for the
weekend tomorrow). I've been working during the weekdays of course, but
I reckon 2 weeks is enough to see everything. A week is plenty. In 2
days, I'd have dinner at Boat Quay or Clarke Quay, wander around
Orchard Road for a couple of hours, visit Chinatown and Little India
and spend a day on Sentosa island.